If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
- Matrix View is now more accessible:
- Control+arrow keys move you between toolbar, „cells“ and „rows“ panes.
- While inside the „toolbar“ pane, up and down
I decided to jut down some random notes on my usage of Sonar 8.5 with regards to the accessibility in no particular order. These will probably be converted into FAQs at some point.
- If you get strange layout problems, make sure to uncheck the „enable tabs for open views“ option under the „view“ menu.
I realize this is not exactly a Sonar-related news, but its significance cannot be understated either. It does appear from the article below that Protools on the Mac will become an accessible application in the near future. This means that visually impaired musicians and recording engineers from around the world will get a screen reader access to Sonar's competition on the Mac, i.e. Protools.
Sonar 8.5 upgrade from Cakewalk is here, lots of stability improvements support for Windows 7, many other features, but no specific accessibility „wows“ to speak of…
Even though this is not strictly Sonar or JSonar-related, I think that the message Stevie Wonder puts forward, is applicable to manufacturers of music software and hardware.
It is very common these days to find hardware gadgets that only have menus, control surfaces that rely on touch exclusively and „wonderful“ software that will let you create music only if you can click with a mouse. Read more
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?