If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Please follow these steps to configure JSonar for optimal performance and interoperability with the Sonar software.
- *** This step is essential ***
Use Control+JAWSKey+R to start the „Setup Wizard“, which enables the Sonar JAWS control surface plugin. You need only do this once, unless JSonar complains that the surface is not installed at a later time.
- In order to run JSonar optimally in Sonar, it is necessary to configure
Sonar toolbars in the following way. In order for some information to be read or
commands to function, certain toolbars must be enabled in Sonar while others
have to be disabled. The visibility of toolbars can be toggled in the Toolbars
dialog under the View menu. Some toolbar names are self explanatory, but notes
have been included where this is not the case.
- Standard (checked): „new“, „open“, „print“ etc.
- Loop/Auto Shuttle (checked): looping, punching, set loop to selection etc.
- Markers (checked): insert, delete and move between markers.
- Metronome (checked): , audio metronome, MIDI metronome, set metronome options etc.
- Position (checked): Now time etc.
- Record (checked): autopunch, recording options etc.
- Playback State (checked): mute/solo/arm/input echo for all tracks etc.
- Controllers/Surfaces (checked): control surface monitoring, ACT Learn mode etc.
- Select (checked): From and Through times.
- Sync (unchecked).
- Tempo (checked).
- Transport (checked).
- Transport (Large) (unchecked).
- View (unchecked).
- Automation (checked): Envelope/Offset mode etc.
- AudioSnap (Doesn't matter).
- Event Inspector (unchecked).
- User1 (unchecked): user configurable toolbar.
- User2 (unchecked): user configurable toolbar.
- User3 (unchecked): user-configurable toolbar.
- Allow Wrap (unchecked).
- To improve Sonar's responsiveness with JSonar, it is absolutely necessary to turn off X-ray feature; go to Options->General and uncheck the checkbox that says"Enable X-Ray". Failure to do so can make many of your plug-ins work incorrectly.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?