If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
After installing Sonar 8.5, all users will encounter the „quick start“ dialog box. Due to some changes in Sonar 8.5, this dialog has become less accessible for screen reader users. However, there are a couple of ways to dismiss or disable this window.
- Install the latest patch for Sonar 8.5, which is 8.5.3 as of this writing, and JSonar scripts will take care of the rest.
- Using the „regedit“ program:
- open up the registry and navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\8.5].
- Press the tab key once to move from the treeview to the list view and down arrow to the „ShowQuickStart“ entry.
- Press the applications key, choose the „modify option, then delete the "1“ in that box and change that to a „0“ (without quotes).
- Close the „regedit“ program.
- If you absolutely must use earlier patches of Sonar 8.5, try the
following:using your screen readers mouse simulation keystrokes for navigation,
E.G, the Jaws cursor:
- Move to a screen position of 364, 519 and locate a graphic called graphic127.
- Double left click that graphic with your screen reader mouse keystrokes which will close the dialog.
Thanks Phil Muir for contributing this FAQ.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?