If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Please note, the instructions below will only apply to the latest builds of JSonar.
To install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS, perform the following steps:
- Disable „UAC“ (User Access Control) by:
- open start menu and type „UAC“ in the search box and then press ENTER.
- when the new screen comes up, tab to „notification level“ slider and make sure it is set to 0; click „apply“ or „OK“.
- restart your machine, yes, unfortunately this is necessary.
- Install or reinstall JSonar.
- Launch Sonar and try running the „setup wizard“.
Please note that disabling „UAC“ (User Access Control) makes your computer less secure, however, this is the only way to ensure the proper communication between JSonar and Sonar.
If you are concerned with the security of your system, please make sure to install Microsoft Security Essentials or another antivirus software of your choice.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?