If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Use these simple guidelines for navigating, selecting and manipulating tracks and buses:
- Up and Down arrows navigate to previous and next track/bus respectively (unless you are using track folders). As you move to prior or next track/bus, JSonar will announce its number, name and other relevant information depending on the „verbosity“ configuration.
- Left and Right arrows move between the fields (mute, solo, arm, input echo, volume, pan etc)of a currently-highlighted track or bus. Please note that if you do not see the field you are looking for, make sure that the „all“ track tab is active (use shift+left and shift+right arrows to switch between track tabs).
- Control+Shift+G opens a „Go To Track/Bus“ dialog box where you can type in the number of the track/bus you want to go to. JSonar will move you to the desired track/bus and announce its number, name and other relevant information.
- Control+Alt+G will display the list of tracks or buses depending on which you are located in (track pane or bus pane). Use up and down arrow keys to select the desired track/bus from the list and press ENTER to move to that track/bus.
- Alt+Windows+G will open a „Search by Keyword“ dialog box where you can type in keywords to search for in the list of tracks or buses. After you confirmed your entry with an ENTER key, JSonar will display the list of tracks or buses that matched your search criterion. Select an item from the list and press ENTER to move to the desired track or bus.
- INSERT+UpArrow will announce the summary of all fields on a track or bus. Please note that certain fields will be announced only if their state is on, e.g. muted, soloed, armed etc; otherwise, these fields will be omitted from the summary.
- a Comma (,) sign selects/unselects the currently-highlighted track. JSonar will announce „selected“ or „unselected“. Please note that when the Comma sign is used, all other selected tracks will be unselected.
- Control+Comma will select/unselect the currently-highlighted track regardless of the selection status of other tracks.
- Control+A will select all tracks along with all the material in them.
- Control+Shift+A will unselect all tracks along with all the material in them.
- Control+Shift+Comma will have JSonar announce the numbers of all the selected tracks in the project.
- To mute/unmute the currently-highlighted track/bus, press Control+Period (the . sign). Please note, this does not change the state of other tracks/buses.
- To mute/unmute all tracks/buses, press Alt+Shift+Period (the . sign).
- To have JSonar speak the numbers of all the muted tracks/buses, press Control+Shift+Period (the . sign).
- To solo/unsolo the currently-highlighted track/bus, press Control+Slash (the / sign). Please note, this does not change the state of other tracks/buses.
- To solo/unsolo all tracks/buses, press Alt+Shift+Slash (the / sign).
- To have JSonar speak the numbers of all the soloed tracks/buses, press Control+Shift+Slash (the / sign).
- Sonar provides its own native keystroke for soloing/unsoloing all the selected tracks/buses which is the Slash (/ sign) key.
Arm for recording
- To arm/unarm the currently-highlighted track, press Control+Semicolon (the ; sign). Please note, this does not change the state of other tracks.
- To arm/unarm all tracks, press Alt+Shift+Semicolon (the ; sign).
- To have JSonar speak the numbers of all the armed tracks, press Control+Shift+Semicolon (the ; sign).
- To turn input echo for the currently-highlighted track on or off, press Control+Apostrophe (the ' sign). Please note, this does not change the state of other tracks.
- To turn input echo for all tracks on or off, press Alt+Shift+Apostrophe (the ' sign).
- To have JSonar speak the numbers of all the input-echoed tracks, press Control+Shift+Apostrophe (the ' sign).
- To archive/unarchive the currently-highlighted track, press Control+GraveAccent (the ` sign). Please note, this does not change the state of other tracks.
- To archive/unarchive all tracks, press Alt+Shift+GraveAccent (the ` sign).
- To have JSonar speak the numbers of all the archived/unarchived tracks, press Control+Shift+GraveAccent (the ` sign).
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?