If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
V-Vocal is a plug-in built into Cakewalk Sonar software that provides various pitch-correction techniques for improving the quality of the sound material. Please note that Hot Spot Clicker set for V-vocal is required in order to be able to use this plug-in with JSonar.
The following answers address some of the most commonly-asked questions about this plug-in from the users. This compilation of questions and answers is a courtesy of Phil Muir, author of many Hot Spot Clicker sets that power plug-in support in JSonar.
V-Vocal Questions and Answers
Q: When you are on the first tab sheet, Pitch Correction, it seems logical that pitches will be adjusted towards a scale. Why do I need to click the Scale button none the less? In other words: what is the function of the Scale button in the Pitch tab?
A: you still need to tell V-Vocal which scale your using other wise, V-Vocal doesn't have a clue which note range your working within.
Q: If I just want one single note to be corrected, is it enough to specify the root note for the scale, without selecting major or minor?
A: it's always best to select major or, minor. Having said that, major is selected by default.
Q: If a note has been pitched correctly already, and I would like to add vibrato to it, then a few things I don't understand yet. Should I first straighten it out, so that its frequency sounds as straight as a piano, and then adding vibrato to that, or can I simply add vibrato to the original note, even if there are slight natural frequency changes in it already? And most importantly, how do I add vibrato with key strokes?
A: you will have to experiment with this and post back your findings.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?