If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Sonar 8.5 introduced a new default track template (a template that opens with every new project by default) which incorporates the layout consisting of Track View, Media Browser and Synthrack View opened at the same time. Additionally, this layout enables „tabbing for opened views“ feature which interferes with screen readers and JSonar in particular.
To quickly fix the situation, simply do the following:
- Make sure the new project/template is open.
- Go to the „View->Enable Tabbing for Open Views“ option and make sure it is unchecked. Unfortunately, you will have to perform the two steps above every time you launch Sonar.
Alternatively, choosing „default layout“ from the „view->layouts“ menu fixes this problem for a particular session.
Another way to resolve this issue is by turning off the „enable tabbing for opened views“ option under the „view“ menu, closing all the unwanted views and then saving the resulting view as a „normal“ template.
- Uncheck the „enable tabbing for opened views“ option under the „view“ menu.
- Close all the unwanted windows, eg Synthrack View, Media Browser etc. You can also leave them on if that' what you want.
- Perform any other cosmetic changes to the resulting view that you'd like to appear by default in every new project.
- Choose „File->Save As“ and browse to the folder where your sample content is located, usually under „my documents->cakewalk->[sonar version]->sample content“.
- Tab to the „file type“ combo box and choose „cakewalk template“.
- In the „file name“ edit field type „normal.cwt“ (without quotes) and press ENTER to save the template.
From now on, every time you open a new project, the template you just saved will open.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?