If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
In order to use JSonar, you will need the following:
- Cakewalk Sonar: in general, JSonar supports Studio and Producer editions of Cakewalk Sonar starting from versions of Sonar 5 and up. Users are reporting good success with Sonar LE as well. Note: we always recommend latest patches of the Cakewalk Sonar software. Check Cakewalk Support section for the latest updates.
- JAWS screen reader, version 7.10 or above. This is due to the fact that any version of Jaws prior to 7.10 is unable to track the menu structure in Sonar. Beware that the latest version is always recommended unless specifically discouraged by the JSonar development team.
- Computer equipped with all of the necessary gadgets for audio production. Please note that both NVidea and ATI graphic cards are known to work very well with JAWS and JSonar. We also recommend using one of the professional sound cards, such as M-audio Delta series for best performance and interoperability between the screen reader and Cakewalk Sonar. If possible, stay away from on-board audio and/or video cards if you plan to work on serious audio production.
- The following display settings are recommended, though are generally not
essential. They can be set on the Appearance and Settings tabs of the Display
applet in Control Panel.
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels
- Color quality: 32 bit
- Color scheme: Windows Standard
Not enough information?
See hardware recommendations from Cakewalk.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?