If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Supported Sonar Features
JSonar supports the following features of Sonar:
- Information about the active project:
- CPU load, hard disk space and other related information
- Track View (track pane, bus pane, clips pane and track inspector):
- The number of tracks and buses in a project.
- Numbers of muted, soloed, armed, archived, input echoed, empty or data tracks and/or buses.
- Navigation between tracks or buses by selecting from the list of names, typing in the strip number or searching through the list of tracks/buses with a keyword.
- All the standard actions such as soloing, arming, muting, archiving, selecting and toggling input echo of tracks in the track and bus panes.
- Operating and moving between volume, pan, sends, effects, interleave state and other parameters of a given track or bus.
- Connection of a current bus to other tracks and buses.
- Manipulation of track layers: muting, soloing and querying the number of available layers on a track.
- Configuration of the track/bus inspector display.
- …and more
- Full support for multichannel (stereo and surround sound) VU meters.
- Event View.
- Loop Construction View.
- Loop explorer and Media Browser (depending on the version of Sonar you are using).
- The SynthRack view (see usage notes in the „Tips and tricks“ section.
- Tempo View.
- Lyrics View.
- Surround Panner (feels very similar to track inspector in terms of navigation).
- Step Sequencer.
- Step Record panel.
- All Sonar main toolbars (press JAWSKey+F8, select a toolbar and use left and right arrow keys to move between controls).
- View-specific toolbars are also accessible where they exist (use JAWSKey+Shift+F8). Then press TAB, to move between view-specific toolbars, if there are more than one.
- Toggling track view tools, such as Scrub Tool, Snap-To-Grid, Envelope Tool, Navigator, autocrossfades, selection tool, split tool etc.
- Navigation through the project by measures or beats.
- Scrubbing and jogging are fully supported.
- The following plug-in suites are supported by JSonar:
- Cakewalk native effects (delay, chorus, dynamic processor etc).
- Sonitus effects (delay, wahwah, multiband compressor etc) through the use of Hot Spot Clicker (see below).
- SFZ sound font player (through Hot Spot Clicker).
- Session Drummer2 (through Hot Spot Clicker).
- Dimension Pro (through Hot Spot Clicker)
- And more.
- Sonar online help (use F1 to start help).
See „Tips and Tricks“ section to learn how to use some of these features
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?