If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Track folders is a feature of the Cakewalk software that allows you to group relevant tracks into folders. For example, you could store all your drum tracks into one folder while your guitar or keyboard tracks could go into another folder. You can also move tracks from one folder to another or remove tracks from them altogether. Additionally, by simply activating mute, solo or select action on the track folder, you can mute, solo or select all the tracks contained in that folder. And, of course, you can remove tracks from folders or completely remove folders themselves with all the tracks contained in them. In other words, track folders are just like file folders you use on every day basis, but instead of files, you operate on audio, MIDI or synth tracks.
While being a visual convenience, track folders are particularly useful for keyboard users because, when collapsed, they reduce the number of keystrokes one has to press in order to reach a needed track. Below are some of the actions and shortcut keys you can use to work with track folders and JSonar.
- To create, remove track folders or move tracks into or out of folders, use track context menu (access via JSonar's CONTROL+APPLICATIONS shortcut key).
- To expand or collapse the track folder under the cursor, use Sonar's built-in CONTROL+F shortcut key.
Please note: Up until Cakewalk Sonar 8.0 there was a bug in Cakewalk's software that did not always report the name of the folder under the cursor. This has been fixed for the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?