If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Without getting into much detail, when you hear a message „window not found“, JSonar is telling you that it could not locate the control (a button or an edit field) on the screen that you were trying to reach. Since there is no one reason as to why this situation may occur, here are several possibilities and troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve this situation.
- Very likely that the control you are looking for is not displayed on the
screen, e.g. the button you are trying to click on belongs to the toolbar which
is currently hidden. In most instances, JSonar will give you a hint as to which
toolbar should be enabled, in other instances, you will have to find that
information in the user's manual or Sonar's built-in help.
To enable one or more toolbars, go to the „view->toolbars“ menu and check the checkbox for the toolbar(s) in question.
- The control you are looking for is covered by another window, thus
preventing JSonar from reading its information, e.g. control's name, mode of
operation and its location on the screen. Try the following
- Use CONTROL+TAB to switch between all currently-opened windows and close all other ones (with CONTROL+F4) except for the window you are working in, e.g. track view.
- Try to fit as much of your project tracks into the main Sonar window as possible by pressing SHIFT+F keystroke.
- Make sure that the „large transport“ toolbar is not visible on the screen (use the F4 key to toggle it on and off).
- Ensure that „Step Record“ dialog does not obscure any part of Sonar's main window (use SHIFT+F4 to toggle „Step Record“ dialog on and off).
- Make sure that the „audiosnap pane“ does not cover any part of the Sonar's main window (Use JAWS cursor to look for a word „audiosnap“). If you do not need to work with the „audiosnap“ pane, remove it from the screen by pressing SHIFT+A and then the ESCAPE key.
- Lastly, try to hide track inspector (by pressing letter I) and/or bus pane (by pressing SHIFT+B) to clear up more room on the screen.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?