If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
The subject says it all, so to speak! :) Historically, Protools has been the #1 choice for major recording studio production and, even now, many sound engineers will swear by this software. Meantime, Cakewalk Sonar has been quietly coming out of the woom and has grown to be quite an adult recording PC studio itself. Read more
With all the netbook craze going on the market place, I couldn't resist the temptation and purchased one for myself. I am pretty happy with what my Asus EEE PC 1000HE netbook delivers when browsing Internet, watching Youtube videos, writing documents or checking my Email, but what if… If I tried to use it as a portable recording studio? How far can I push its limits?
On March 12th Cakewalk released yet another patch to Cakewalk Sonar 8.0 (both Studio and Producer Edition); this time it is version 8.3.1. Among new features are enhancements for the Guitar Rig 3.2.1 LE (SONAR 8.3 Producer Edition only), TruePianos Vista x64 support (SONAR 8.3 Producer only), Classic sounds for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE, Classic drum kits for Session Drummer 2 and more.
With every week passing we get closer and closer to the final release of JSonar8. We have been in a testing mode for much of this time and here is a summary of some of the additions and fixes. Read more
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?