There were many discussions around an upcoming Magento release. And eventually, after 170 functional fixes and 75 security patches, the Magento 2.3.3 version is ready. So, what’s new Magento 2.3.3 has brought to us? Let’s look together.
Magento 2.3.3: Features and Updates
The new Magento release was highly-expected due to many new features and improvements. Below we take a look at the most vital of them.
- Security enhancement. Even though Magento has always been particularly proud of how strong their security aspect is, they don’t ever stop working on its improvement. Magento 2.3.3 has reached new heights in terms of security since they have fixed 75 security issues. For more impressive security, developers have enhanced XSS (cross-site scripting) protection, along with including PSD2 compliance.
- Performance boost. According to numerous claims that Magento website performance has also been improved. This was achieved through several implementations. These are enabling merchants to turn off the automatic URL rewrite generation, improved page load speed, and enhanced performance.
- Infrastructure enhancement. Keeping in mind how vital the platform infrastructure is, Magento developers made efforts on its improvement. In addition to numerous bug fixes and minor changes to the core structure, the users can see enhancements in the modules such as Sales, Catalog, Customer, UrlREwrite, and UI. The WYSIWYG editor has also undergone a significant number of changes. It has been upgraded to TinyMCE v.4.9.5.
- GraphQL improvement. First of all, GraphQL functionality has been significantly expanded from the last version. For example, in Magento 2.3.3 GraphQL covers PayPal payment integration more fully. Another worth to be mentioned moment is adding mutations and queries to GraphQL. Thereby, such tasks as adding configurable products to the cart and processing payments through Authorize.net and Braintree were enabled.
- Magento shipping. Comparing Magento 2.3.3 with its predecessor, you’ll see that Magento shipping was one more priority for upgrading the platform. Magento shipping enhancements in version 2.3.3 include a prepackaging option and support for bundled products. You can also notice improvements in carrier integration, batch-order processing, shipping method preview, and checkout.
- Core payment methods enhancement. In addition to fixing bugs of the previous Magento edition, the developers were also working on making changes to the core payment methods. Namely, they concentrated on enhancing Authorize.net and Braintree payment methods, which require SCA regulation. Summarizing, we can say that the core Magento payment methods have been updated according to some PSD-requirements:
- Authorize.net is enabled to process 3D Secure verification via third-party services
Magento 2.3.3: Difficulties and Issues
The new Magento release has really many strong points worthy to be mentioned. However, it also has some weak places to fix. Below we listed the most critical ones.
- Product images duplication. When importing the product data, the product images are being duplicated for each import run. This problem was noticed in March 2019, and still, there is no clear answer from Magento on what to do with this. Visiting this link you can see how mass this problem is.
- The sorting option doesn’t work well. The matter is that some users experience problems when sort by price option doesn’t work with custom functionality. And thus, the results are based on the product price and the lowest customizable option. This problem was firstly detected in April 2019 in Magento 2.3.2, and to date, developers have no idea how to resolve it.
- Design issue when applying filter. To reproduce this, go to the Magento admin panel in the Chrome browser, then go to Catalog=>Categories=>Select a Category. Go to Products in Category, and enter any random text there, but don’t hit search or enter button. Now open an incognito mode in Chrome, run the Magento admin panel and fill the login details. Now, hit the search button at the same time in both Chrome windows. You’ll see that the Design issue is returned, while the expected result was the message about session expiration.
Staying on the top of the e-commerce game may be daunting, and that’s why you need a powerful and mighty e-commerce platform to support your business along all the way. Magento 2.3.3 can be your trustworthy partner you can entirely rely on, which makes it a perfect choice to migrate to. To do this the best way possible, it would be better to reach out to some trustworthy e-commerce web development agency.